Saturday, November 14, 2009

Can Iguanas eat Kudzu?

My bunny loves it, and I know cows can eat it, and people can eat it, but is it ok for Iguanas? There's so much of it around, and it's a lot fresher and of better quality than the greens I find in the stores where I live. I don't use any sort of pesticides in my yard. I know it's high in protein, so they can't have too much of it, but would it be ok in moderation?

Can Iguanas eat Kudzu?
Kudzu is a great snack for any animal. If you iguana likes it, I'd definitely throw a few leaves in. Interestingly enough I have one dragon that hates the stuff, and another that loves it.





In regards to greens - try growing some. Collard greens are extremely hardy plants that can grow year round, even through frozen winters. Even mustard greens can grow well year round in areas where it doesn't freeze too much. They take very little work to grow.


No comments:

Post a Comment