Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Have sloped yard with a ditch in front. Ditch looks like Mars. Ditch is very rocky. Need grass, plants, weeds?

Where the ditch and yard meet, there is a steep angle (45 degree or more). It is very rocky, I mean very rocky. It took me 20 minutes to dig a 4” side hole, 3 “ deep before rocks were everywhere. I was thinking of placing topsoil (3”-6”) and then planting, but I am afraid it will wash away. What can I plant beside Kudzu to grow and cover it up? I live in Zone 7 in Alabama.

Have sloped yard with a ditch in front. Ditch looks like Mars. Ditch is very rocky. Need grass, plants, weeds?
Don't plant Kudzu! That stuff goes crazy! :)





Here are some plants that spread: prickly pear cactus (this stuff grows anywhere and spreads quickly), mint, columbine.





You could also just cover it in rocks (use the rocks that are there, buy some at the store or make trips to construction sites {new homes} and ask if you can take rocks).





Good luck! :)
Reply:creeping juniper..they grow relatively fast and cover up unsightly areas.

car loan

No comments:

Post a Comment